Swiss Pig Performance Testing Station, Sempach (MLP)
The MLP is an official body charged with the following tasks in the domains of pig breeding and pork control in Switzerland:
- Evaluation of Feeding Efficiency (at approx. 4000 pig operations/year)
- Evaluation of Slaughter Efficiency (in slaughter houses and in the laboratory)
- Research on Pig Production (to establish guidelines for pig breeding and meat quality).
- Information System/Data Entry
- Data Analysis and Decision Support
- Data Evaluation/Certification
Information System for Pig Rating and Experimental Data
Data Evaluation and Certification
Data Analysis and Decision Support System
The accumulated data is used to answer questions arising in specific research projects and to support the advisory service of the MLP. Typically, researchers will select target groups from the WIDAS database for statistical analysis. Analyses are executed very efficiently using the integrated OLAP capabilities of WIDAS.
Administration (Commercial Functions)
Organisation of test activities, order processing and accounting are supported by WIDAS applications.
© MLP - 2001, 2010